Types of Canadian Visas


It takes a lot of reading and documentation to apply for a visa to Canada, which makes the process challenging and confusing. The secret is to be aware of what the Canadian government expects of potential immigrants and then select a degree that fits those expectations. Never forget that Canada itself needs immigrants, so if you can choose a route that would benefit you and show how Canada will benefit from having you, you will likely be given a visa for Canada. To begin with, you must be certain of your options for immigration and which ones best fit you. Depending on your objectives and unique situation, there are various ways to obtain Canadian visas and permanent residency. There are various types of visas available in Canada, including temporary, employment, study, and permanent resident status.

Inactive visas

The Canadian Temporary Visa is a great choice for persons who desire to visit, study, or work in Canada. The Temporary Visa is the ideal option for you if your stay in Canada will only be brief. The entire description of the temporary visas follows.

Student visas

The benefit of studying in Canada is that you can bring your spouse and family with you. You can also apply for an open work permit in Canada once your studies are finished. International students find Canada to be the ideal location because it gives full rights and freedom of employment while studying. Pyramid eServices provides distinctive courses for students who wish to pursue education while residing permanently in Canada. In order to ensure that there are no difficulties experienced when submitting your application, we assist and mentor students at every stage. We try to support you as you pursue your goal of studying abroad in Canada.

Super Visas for parents and grandparents

The Super Visa for Parents and Grandparents is the best option for starting a family company in Canada. Its maximum validity duration is ten years. You can also apply to sponsor your parents and grandparents to move to Canada permanently via the country's family sponsorship program.

Pass for Visitors

Depending on your country, you can also apply for a visitor visa to Canada if you want to go on holiday there. Your transitory nature and intention to depart once your visa expires must be shown during the application procedure.

Permits to Work

Working in Canada will give you Canadian job experience, which could help you become eligible for long-term residency. You must have prior Canadian job experience in order to apply for the Provincial Nominee or Canadian Express Class. If you are not eligible for the federal skilled worker program, working in Canada can be your ticket to permanent residency in Canada. If you want to apply for a Canadian work permit, such as a live-in caregiver permit, a traditional labor market impact assessment permit, or a North American Free Trade Agreement permit, you must have a job offer.

Business immigration

Business class immigration is divided into three groups: federal, Quebec, and certain provinces' own provincial nomination programs. The end outcome of each of these programs is Canadian permanent residence. You may only select this option if your net worth is greater than $300,000 CAD.

Visa for Skilled Federal Employees

If they desire to live in Canada permanently, foreign nationals can apply for a federal skilled worker category (FSWC) visa both from abroad and from within the country. Following application, candidates are evaluated using a point system that takes into account their credentials, work history, and English and French language skills. To be eligible, skilled individuals must have at least 67 points out of 100 and a full year of work experience.

Canadian Experience Class Visa

People who are currently in Canada on a temporary work permit can apply for Canadian permanent residence through the Canadian Experience Class. People who have held skilled employment in Canada can apply for this visa, but they must have at least one year of Canadian work experience and complete language requirements in both English and French.

Governmental skilled trades program

People who are qualified in a skilled trade can apply under the Canadian Federal Skilled Trades Program in order to quickly become Permanent Residents of Canada. This program was developed in 2013 by Canada's immigration department to draw attention to the shortage of skilled workers in areas that are rapidly expanding as a result of the nation's expanding economic prowess. This program now uses the Canadian express Entry immigration selection process. To be qualified for this program, an applicant must have one year of full-time experience in a particular trade during the five years prior to the time the application was filed. Candidates who have worked two full years and one year of part-time employment are also qualified for this program. Basically, 3,120 hours of experience accrued over the period of two years. People must also present proof of the offer letter they received for a full-time position. To verify their eligibility, their proficiency in the English language is also examined.

Provincial Nomination Programs

Regrettably, individuals can still apply through the Provincial Nomination Program if they were failed in acquiring Permanent Residence through a Skilled Worker Visa (PNP). It is for low-skilled professionals who can nonetheless visit Canada and contribute to its economic growth. You will be nominated in this for a certain Canadian province that is seeking employees for a particular sector of the workforce. The required professions are continuously modified by each province. However, in order to be granted a PR visa, you must first get a provincial nomination certificate from a Canadian province or territory and then file a different application to CIC.

Quebec's Program for Selected Skilled Workers

This program attracts educated, talented, experienced professionals from all over the world to immigrate to this country where they may contribute to the growth of the economy by using their skills, knowledge, and abilities. Before submitting an application for permanent residency under this program, all foreign nations must meet specific standards set forth by the Canadian government. Once the Quebec provincial government provides you a Quebec Selection Certificate, you can next proceed to apply for Canadian immigration and a permanent residence visa through the national government.

Two stages are required for the QSWP Program application process:

  • The applicant shall request a Certificate of Selection from the Government of Quebec (CSQ). This proves that Quebec has approved the applicant's immigration request.

  • The applicant must also submit a permanent residence application to IRCC after receiving a Quebec Selection Certificate.

  • Candidates must obtain a document from the police proving their identity and pass the medical examination, per the guidelines.

Family sponsorship program

Thanks to the Canadian government, you have the chance to involve your family in your new life in Canada. You can sponsor your spouse, dependent children, common-law partner, conjugal partner, parents, siblings, grandparents, and grandchildren to seek for permanent residency after you are a resident of Canada. This is a great decision because it will allow your family to benefit from the privileges of Canadian residency, such as the opportunity to study, live, and work there.

Live-in caregiver program (LCP)

live-in caregivers having the training and experience necessary to provide elderly, disabled, or young children with care in their own homes. After getting a visa, caregivers are allowed to stay in private homes in Canada. A high school diploma, relevant work experience, and a strong command of either French or English are requirements for processing this visa. You must provide care for children (under the age of 18), the elderly (65 or older), or disabled adults for a minimum of 30 hours per week in order to be eligible for this program.

You must fulfill the following requirements in order to be eligible for a caregiver visa:

  • The contract you obtained from Canada must be signed by both you and your potential employers.

  • successful completion of secondary education in Canada.

  • In Canada, you must have completed at least six months of training or one year of full-time work as a nanny or in a related sector.

  • A previous employer's references must also be supplied.

If your business wants to hire you, HRSDC or SC will evaluate the offer letter and decide whether there are currently not enough Canadian citizens or permanent residents to fill the post. A Labor Market Opinion from SC or HRSDC is also required. When applying for a work permit, you must include a copy of this LMO.

Post a Comment