Visitor Visas To Canada


An immigration document that permits foreign nationals to travel to and enter Canada is a visiting visa, commonly known as a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). You will require a visitor visa to enter Canada, whether you are traveling as a student, a temporary worker, or just to visit, unless you are from a nation that does not require them.

Single entrance and multiple entry visitor visas are also available for entry into Canada. Foreign nationals with a single entry visa are able to visit Canada just once. As long as the multiple entry visa is still in effect, its holder may come to and go from Canada whenever they like. You don't have to specify which kind when you apply; all requests are automatically given consideration for multiple-entry visas, with single-entry visas only being granted in exceptional cases.

Multiple entry visitor visas allow their holders to visit Canada for up to six months at a time as often as they like as long as the visa is still in effect. They may be good for up to ten years, but the visa officer issuing it decides exactly how long they will be valid. You will automatically acquire a visiting visa allowing you to enter Canada to obtain your permit if you possess another status document, such as a work permit or a permission for study, and you are not otherwise excluded from requiring a visa. Typically, this is a visa with several entries. You won't need to apply for a new visitor visa to enter Canada if you decide to travel abroad for your studies or temporary employment as long as your permission and visa are still in effect.

Who Requires Visitor Visas?

Non-Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and individuals who are otherwise exempt from visa requirements must get a visitor visa in order to enter Canada. Even though their permanent resident card has run out, Canadian permanent residents are not eligible to apply for a guest visa. Instead, they must submit an application for a visa for permanent residents (PRTD). A guest visa application cannot be made by Canadian nationals, including dual citizens. They must be using a current Canadian passport. A business visitor visa may be required if you are transiting through or arriving in Canada for business purposes rather than as a temporary foreign worker.

Visa-Exempt Nations

Only those who are visa-free, in addition to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, are exempt from the need for a visitor visa in order to enter Canada. As a result of agreements with a number of nations, people of certain countries are not need to obtain a visa in order to visit Canada for up to six months. For aviation travel to Canada, foreign nationals from nations without visa requirements need a current electronic travel authorization (eTA).

They merely need a current passport that was issued by a nation that does not require a visa to enter on land or by boat. United States citizens are the sole exception. The longest undefended land border in the world is between Canada and the United States, and thousands of people from both countries cross it every day. With a current U.S. passport, citizens of the United States can visit Canada without a visitor visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA), as long as their stay does not exceed six months. Visas are not required for those who are U.S. permanent residents, sometimes known as "Green Card" holders. A valid Green Card and a valid passport are required for entry into Canada, and they need an eTA to fly to or transit through a Canadian airport.

What to Do

Those who need to apply for a visitor visa in order to enter Canada can do so online, on paper, or in person at a Visa Application Center (VAC). When traveling as a family, each member—including any dependent children—must submit a separate application. You may, however, send in each application individually. Depending on their nation of citizenship, applicants might need to include biometric information in their application. If biometrics are necessary, the applicant must visit a biometric collection service point and submit their fingerprints and photo. When requested, you can provide your biometrics after completing the visiting visa application, or you can provide them at the same time if you are submitting in person at a Visa Application Center (VAC).

A Visitor Visa Extension

Foreign nationals may reside legally in Canada for up to six months at a time using visitor visas, whether single entry or multiple entry. Your legal status will expire at the conclusion of this time, and you will have to leave Canada. Foreign nationals who wish to prolong their stay past six months must do so while they still have temporary resident status. At least 30 days before your status is set to expire, you should submit an extension request. You are permitted to stay in Canada while awaiting a decision if your existing visa expires while your extension application is still being reviewed. Implied status refers to this. If one of Canada's immigration schemes qualifies you, you can also apply for permanent residence status.

Post a Comment